People like the fashion, practicality and convenience of electric bikes, and more and more people are buying electric bikes. However, many people ignore the maintenance of electric bicycle batteries, and electric bicycle batteries without proper maintenance will shorten its service life. For this reason, the famous electric bicycle service provider, based on years of experience, put forward 12 tips for electric bicycle battery maintenance.
1. Newly purchased electric bicycles should be fully charged before use. Because many electric bicycles have been shelved in stores for several months or even more than half a year, they must be fully charged before use, and it is best not to use them immediately after being fully charged, but to rest for about ten minutes.
2. Take the battery down and charge it (it is recommended to buy an e-bike that supports battery removal). When installing it, the battery should be firmly installed on the e-bike to prevent the battery from being damaged by vibration while riding. In handling the battery, it is forbidden to drop it, roll it over, or press it heavily.
3. Often remove dust and dirt from the battery cover, pay attention to keep the battery pack dry and clean, and prevent the battery pack from discharging itself.
4. Never let the battery pack in a long-term low battery state, and to develop a good habit of charging the battery pack every night. If not used for a long time, it should be fully charged, placed in a cool and dry place, and charged regularly (usually 10 days).
5. When the electric bike is just starting, use the pedal to help start it. When going uphill, don’t use the pure electric mode, but use the electric power mode to go uphill, so as not to damage the battery pack by too much discharge current.
6. When riding, be careful not to over-discharge the battery pack. After the battery is discharged to the termination voltage, continuing to discharge is called over-discharge. Over-discharge is likely to cause serious battery pack loss, thus greatly shortening its service life. So the battery pack should be used to avoid deep discharge, the general situation should be done: the battery pack to discharge depth of 50%-70% when charging once the best.
7. Avoid overcharging, when the charger shows full, at most 1-2 hours to stop charging, not a charge overnight or even a few days. Overcharging not only hurts the battery, and may cause a fire.
8. Avoid long-term power loss, long-term power loss will also damage the battery and shorten its service life. In the case of low temperature, the main problem of charging poor charging acceptance, undercharging caused by battery power loss. Low-temperature insulation and antifreeze measures should be taken, especially when charging should be placed in a warm environment, which is conducive to ensuring sufficient power to extend the service life of the battery.
9. To prevent short circuit, special care should be taken when installing or using, the tools used should take insulation measures, the wiring should be connected to the electrical appliances other than the battery first, after checking that there is no short circuit, and finally connected to the battery pack, the wiring specification should be well insulated to prevent overlapping pressure to produce rupture. Prohibit the use of battery short circuit to detect the battery charged to prevent an explosion resulting in injury or death.
10. Avoid prolonged high current discharge of the battery, which will greatly damage the internal structure of the battery. It is recommended that e-bike owners should not start for more than 5 seconds each time. Two consecutive starts are required, with a 10-15 second interval in between.
11. Prevent exposure to sunlight, which will increase the temperature of the battery and increase the activity of the active material of the battery, thus affecting the service life of the battery.
12. Try to use the original e-bike charger for charging. The discharged battery should be replenished in time, try not to set aside for more than 12 hours.